Hey guys! I was recently going through my makeup collection to rediscover old loves when I thought what better post than a “Products I’ve repurchased”. These are some of my favorite posts to read or to watch on YouTube because I feel like if a person was willing to spend money on an item twice, it has to be a pretty decent product! For me personally, I don’t repurchase that many things. I tend to buy into the hype of a new product and I completely forget about my past loves until I’m going through my collection to cycle in new things. To see what I think is worth buying over and over again, Read on Continue reading
I recently went to Sephora and picked up some items! I’m still really trying to figure out how I like them and how the best way to apply them is. To see how I got this look, read on!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Priming Water ($16 at Sephora **1 oz**) I’m not a huge fan of this. I did a review of it stating why! I am going to try to use this up so that it’s not money wasted.
- Makeup Forever Skin Equalizer Primer in Smoothing ($17 at Sephora **.05 oz**) I really like this. It reminds me a lot of the Benefit Porefessional. It also has a slight smell to it much like the porefessional.
- Mac Paint Pot in Soft Orche ($22 at Mac Cosmetics **.17 oz**) I always go back to this product! I love it for my fair skin and hiding any veins on my lids. It really helps combat oil and creasing.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation ($40 at Sephora **1 oz**) This is becoming my HG foundation. It applies really nice and gives great coverage.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer ($28 at Sephora **.16oz**) This goes really nice with the UD Naked Foundation! It gives great coverage and a little goes a long way!
- Makeup Forever HD Finishing Powder ($35 at Sephora **.3 oz**) I am really not a fan of this. This is my second time using it and it really leaves my face feeling dry. I am going to play with it a couple of more times but it might go back to the store.
- Mac Fix+ in Rose ($22 at Mac Cosmetics **3 oz**) I am OBSESSED with this spray. It’s my all time favorite and is a great (and much cheaper) alternative to the Smashbox Priming Water.
- Kat Von D Lock and Load setting Spray ($24 at Sephora **3.4 oz**) This is my second bottle of this. It helps my makeup stay put and it smells SO beyond good!
- Nars Blush in Orgasm ($30 at Sephora **.16 oz**) I really love this blush! I always come back to this whenever I want a nice natural flush!
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brown ($21 at Sephora **.003 oz) I enjoy this product! It is something I reach for almost daily. It’s great for when you have a couple of sparse areas in your brows!
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara ($24 at Sephora **.3o oz**) I am IN LOVE with this. It is so amazing! You don’t need an eyelash curler which is nice. If you do choose to use one though, the results are amazing!
- Mac Lipstick in Syrup ($17 at Mac Cosmetics **.1 oz**) I love wearing this lipstick. I wore it on my wedding day so every time I wear it, it brings me back to that special day!
In what of my recent trips to Sephora, I realized I NEEDED this item. I hear Jaclyn Hill rave about this in every couple videos and I gave into the hype. I bought something that says “Water” in the title for $16. To see how I like this product, read on!
***Smashbox Claims per Sephora.com: “Get the benefits of priming, hydration, and sheer radiance with this all-in-one Photo Finish Primer Water. Free of silicone, alcohol, and oil, it’s packed with revitalizing electrolytes that work to reawaken skin and restore moisture. This enriched water instantly absorbs into skin for lasting hydration, leaving skin looking refreshed and ultrasoft while it locks in makeup.”
Packaging: I bought the 1 oz bottle so I could just try this out. It’s in a nice slender bottle which I like. It is small enough that I can just throw this in my bag if I need to. The more expensive bottle is almost 4 oz so to me personally, that is a little big to take with me. It’s in a spray bottle like all other setting sprays. I didn’t actually have luck with the spraying application. I felt like I pressed that nozzle 20 times and the product never actually got on my face. My hair and the chair I was sitting in certainly got wet though.
Odor: I am including odor because this has NO silicone, alcohol, or oil in it. When I was reading reviews online, a couple of people noticed an odor to this spray. I didn’t actually find any odor to it which I actually really like! With being pregnant right now, my nose is on over drive all the time. It’s really nice not to smell alcohol when spraying something onto my face.
Feel: As I said in the packaging section, I had a really hard time spraying this. From the very little amount that I can seem to get on my face, it left it very wet for awhile. It didn’t dry as fast as something like Mac’s Fix+. At this moment in my life, waiting for a couple of minutes for this to dry is not a big deal breaker for me. However, I think if you are in a time crunch, you might want to skip over this product or fan your face very fast!
Lasting power: The lasting power on this isn’t very long. I don’t think it helped my makeup last any longer so I was mostly using it for a hydrating effect. I feel like as soon as I put a light powder to set my makeup, any hydrating feeling I had was lost. I am someone that has to set my foundation and concealer. If you are someone that can skip that step, I think this would feel really good under your makeup. It did for me at least until I put powder on.
Overall: Overall, I am unfortunately not impressed by this product. I think it’s really expensive and not worth it to be honest. I am happy that I only bought the small bottle. Maybe I just have insanely high hopes, but this product fell short in so many categories. If you want a nice spray that can do all the same things that this claims to do, I would buy Mac Fix+ instead.
Hi ladies! I was recently told by my doctor that I would soon be put on bed rest. So, I thought, WHY NOT go to Sephora one last time. The Sephora by my town in one within a JCP so it’s not very big. I did have a bigger wishlist but because mine didn’t carry it, I only left with a couple of things. I used all of the products today to test them out so I will be having reviews come in on the products!
Hey everyone! I’m so sorry I have been MIA since August! I have had such an overwhelming past few months it was just hard to find inspiration to blog. I am currently 8 months pregnant and I haven’t been wearing a lot of makeup. I mostly just want to sleep! Today, I woke up and I was feeling amazing! I figured I would do an entire face today and thought why not post it! To see how I got this look, read on!
2. Mac Fix Plus in Rose: Fix plus is my favorite product ever. I use it any day that I wear makeup. It just really helps moisturize my face and gives a great dewy look.
4. Mac Prolong wear concealer: This is my HG concealer. It doesn’t crease, it lasts all day long, and it blends really nicely! I love this stuff.
6. Rimmel Stay Matte: This is my favorite setting powder right now. With pregnancy, I have been on the dry side. This just really helps my foundation stay put.
8. Mac blush in Fleur Power: This is a nice satin finish. It doesn’t give a glow and it’s not matte so it’s nice just for a subtle color on the cheeks.
10. Mac e/s in Wedge: This is a great transition color. It is the perfect brown and makes everything blend together.
11. MUFE Artist Palette: I used the entire middle row for my eyes. The bottom color I buffed really well into the crease. The top color I patted on my lid using my finger and some Fix Plus. Lastly, I used the middle to lightly put over 2/3 of my lid. I then blended everything together to make it look very subtle.
13. Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brown: I like this on days that I want a more defined brow. It is great for making your strokes look natural.
14. Maybelline Brow Drama: I am almost out of this so I have been using it just to set my brows in place. I have large brows so the big wand doesn’t bother me at all.
15. Benefit Roller Lash: Right now, this is my favorite mascara. It curls my lashes and holds it all day!
16. L’oreal Volumonous Millon Lashes: This is the best mascara to have if you want blacker than black FULL lashes. It always looks so glam when I use this!
18. Color Whisper in Who Wore it Red-der: I love this subtle red lip color. It always looks so good in the winter and lasts quite a long time!
Hey there! I decided to pop my little head into Sephora (it was innocent enough I thought). I was just going to pick up maybe one thing that I “needed” and whoops. To see what I picked up, read on!
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brown- I have one of these already just in a darker color. My previous one was way to dark and just didn’t look natural. Soft brown is the perfect color for someone with brunette hair.
- Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer- So far, I really like this. I looked at the reviews and the biggest con I saw was that it is yellow based. I didn’t have a problem with that at all. If you use a small amount and blend it in, this should be no problem.
- Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue Roller Ball- I am obsessed with this perfume. This is my main summer scent. I thought I would try the roller ball (which is actually in spray form) so I could keep it in my handbag. I love love love this smell!
- Buxom “may contain nudity” eyeshadow palette- I first saw this on YouTube. I was obsessed with the colors and couldn’t wait to swatch these. Needless to say, it was beautiful! This blends so nicely and has AMAZING pigmentation!
- Benefit Porefessional primer- I bought another travel size of this. I really like this with my Matte and Poreless foundation. It makes everything flawless!
- Formula X The System- I have put this off for so long and I have no clue why. This is AMAZING! It’s so nice to have a cleanser, base and top coat all from the same brand.
- Formula X Thrilling- This is a cloudy grey color. It will be perfect for fall! It applied really nice but you definitely need two coats! Hopefully nothing will chip!
**** All pictures are from the Sephora website.****
Hey! About a month ago, I went to my closest Sephora. I hauled a bunch of stuff for you guys and as promised, I am reviewing some of the products I bought. The Too Faced “Little Black Book of Bronzers” was at the top of my list! One bronzer alone is $30 while the book was about $50, this makes this book, a great deal! As some one very fair, I was really worried about how all of the different bronzers would look on me. To see how I felt about this, Read on!