If you are anything like me, you have high expectations Sunday night of how you will do your makeup come Monday morning. I happen to work at a business casual, emphasis on the business, environment which is so much different then my previous retail store. I can still wear my makeup however I choose but I do like it to match my outfit. Last night, I figured I was going to go for a smoked out day eye with a nice contour and bright blush and red lips. What I actually came out with was a muted eye look, minimul coverage foundation, no contour and little blush, and a nude lip. Sleep was more important this morning. To see how I got this look, read on.
- Primer: I used the Too Faced Hangover primer. I love this primer and it doesn’t leave my face sticky at all. Nars Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base- This is also amazing. I have really oily lids and this helps a lot. Mac paint pot in Soft Orche- Using this on top of Nars primer is so wonderful. With two primers, I don’t crease once throughout the day.
- Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow- I usually don’t like a luminous foundation because I am so oily. While this does make me have to blot at lunch time, it’s worth it. It gives such a gorgeous glow without looking unnatural.
- Concealer: I used the Maybelline Age Rewind brightener to just highlight a little under my eyes. It’s so light and creamy.
- Mac Natural Skinfinish
- Hourglass Ambient Powders: I used all three of these powders to either warm up my face, highlight, or just simply set. I use these definitely on an everyday basis.
- Hourglass Ambient Blush luminous flush: I live for this blush! This gives the most natural glow to your face! This would be great with any skin color!
- Lips: Syrup by Mac
On my eyes I used my handy dandy Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. I was wearing all black/grey/white so I had really wanted to use a silvery hue to my eyes. I used tease in the crease, verve all over the lid and ydk on the outer v. I did feel the need to mix verve and ydk with a spray or two of Mac Fix+. Lastly, I coated my lashes with just one coat of Covergirl clump crusher and sprayed my face with Kat Von D Setting Spray.
I know this seems like a lot of products but I have this routine down to 15 minutes max.
What did you wear for makeup this past Monday?